At DB Schenker, we cater to diverse career goals, whether you're aiming for impact, work-life balance, skill development, or eco-conscious contributions. Our global logistics network of 76,000+ colleagues offers roles that foster personal and professional growth in a positive, diverse work environment. Join us and progress your career journey in a way that matters to you. Discover your fit at DB Schenker.
Based in Auckland, you'll be responsible for all NZ sites, including Christchurch, and playing a crucial role in driving the company towards achieving its strategic and financial goals, ensuring alignment to our global objectives. Your depth of expertise in freight forwarding and 3PL/contract logistics will be central to steering our operations and presenting our entity in the best light to our valued customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our two NZ branches
- Take charge of crafting and implementing strategies to meet our short, medium, and long-term local, regional, and global objectives
- Steer business development initiatives to achieve long-term sustainable goals in New Zealand
- Act as the primary authority on compliance-related issues in New Zealand, upholding the highest standards in all operations
What Does Success Look Like?
To be successful in this role, you'll be an experienced business professional who has navigated large international matrix organisations. You will have a solid background in freight forwarding, warehousing and 3PL/contract logistics. A strategic thinker with the ability to make effective commercial decisions will thrive in this role. As a confident relationship builder, you'll have a proven track record in creating sustainable business opportunities.
Interested? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Why Choose DB Schenker?
- Lead a pivotal role in a global brand operating across 140 countries with over 76,000 colleagues
- Shape the future of logistics within the thriving New Zealand market
- Thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters career growth and personal development
- Take advantage of a variety of company perks and support programs
DB Schenker New Zealand is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.