Responsible for supervision of a specific department or function within the station.
- Supervise department or shift activities to ensure effective customer service
- Assist in identifying and improving service and operations related issues in a station
- Develop and monitor productivity standards
- Assist in auditing and researching service performance issues and develop recommendations for improvements
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- Select and place staff, ensure staff receives training for job activities, and define specific job assignments.
- Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and achievement of organizational objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a supervisory position. Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Earn up to 3 weeks' Vacation over the course of your first year + Holidays + Sick Days
- Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Career Advancement. We are strong believers in continual training and development for our people. Your success is our success
- Your Safety is important to us, so we will provide protective gear
- Health Advocacy support for you and your family
- Company Paid life insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) option
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity