Position Description Summary: Responsible for providing high level of support and supervision to import department by managing the daily activities of the import team. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Ensure outstanding service to import team by training, coaching and managing associates within team, overseeing workflow and work prioritization and by communicating directly with team
- Resolve workflow and special processing issues by maximizing productivity and resource allocation and by analyzing problems and communicating ideas and solutions to other supervisors and managers
- Ensure regulatory compliance by administering company policies and procedures and by establishing audit procedures
- Keep internal and external customers updated in regards to the arrival of shipments, any delays of their cargo, and when their shipments are available for pick up and/or delivery.
- Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
- Maintain close liaison with the U.S. Customs Service and other government agencies for various specialized U.S. Customs clearance requirements.
- Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Researching and resolving operational problems.
- Train new hires on departmental processes and procedures.
- Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed. The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel): This is a supervisory position. Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred. Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory experience. Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards. Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule. Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity